Saturday, January 18, 2014

Szpilka finally arrives in Chicago

“I’m ready to prove to you all that the Jennings fight will be just a formality. I can’t wait to be in Madison Square Garden in New York City. This is my kind of place.

And of course: a big thank you to all the people who helped me to be here, my promoters and the U.S. ambassador in Warsaw who believed in me. I’m an athlete. 

I want to compete, want to fight,” said 24-year-old Polish heavyweight Artur Szpilka (16-0, 12 KOs) after arriving in Chicago Friday night. 

Szpilka was stopped last Sunday by Homeland Security at O’Hare Airport and had to fly back to Poland to receive all the necessary documents to enter U.S. On January 25, Szpilka will fight another undefeated heavyweight in Bryant Jennings (17-0, 9 KOs).

No comments:

Post a Comment