Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hassan N’Dam Njikam: Quillin owes me a rematch, that was on the contract



Pierre Giro

Former WBO middleweight champion Hassan N’Dam Njikam (27-1, 17 KOs) took note of the comments made last month by Oscar de la Hoya. The Golden Boy Promotions boss considers that the Frenchman could be a serious test for Gennady Golovkin . Hassan N’Dam answers Oscar de la Hoya.

So Hassan, tell us about the rumors?

First, I want to address some rumors that run or are still running. It was said that I was supposed to fight F. Sturm in a IBF semifinal, this is wrong. I have never been approached or contacted by Team Sturm, but I was appointed by the IBF to fight Radosevic for the second ranking in this federation. Since I was still negotiating with my future promoter, I could not take this chance and Felix Sturm made it brilliantly.

Can we know who will be your future promoter?

It is too early to announce it, negotiations are in progress. You’ll know when we sign a true contract. Be patient.

You heard the recent statements of Oscar de la Hoya, what do you think about these declarations?

Yes I saw that he wants to see me against boxer Golovkin to judge me. But he knows me, and he knows what I can do, right? He calls his boxer “Kid Chocolate” Quillin a world superstar, OK. But I think GBP should first fulfill its commitments, which were to offer me a rematch. That was on the contract. For me the best boxer is the one that does not revolve around the others and keeps his commitments. After all who dared to fight A. Khurtzide or Mr. Bursak? They don’t respect their commitments and they directly claim the Super Champion because it is more profitable financially. Where is the sport?

Many American experts have suggested a middleweight tournament. Your name has been insistently proposed in the list of contenders, what do you think?

Come on, let’s do it! I think this tournament is a good idea, it could stop all these businessmen who come only to rot boxing. This tournament will establish the true value of boxers. Who among all these “world champions” has already proposed to fight me? Who said: “I want Hassan N’Dam?” None of them! I’m too dangerous for them. I tell them: “Gentlemen! Stop acting the world champions, come on and fight with the best!”

No comments:

Post a Comment