Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Arthur Abraham in action on October 26th in Oldenburg, Germany


On October 26, Arthur Abraham (37-4, 28 KOs) wants to show the world that he is ready for another crack at the WBO Super-Middleweight Championship.

In Oldenburg, Germany, Robert Stieglitz´ mandatory challenger will step into the ring against an opponent to be announced shortly. “Stieglitz stated in the press that he will have one more fight in 2013, which will be a voluntary defense on October 19,” said Abraham. “That means to me that I won’t be able to regain the world title before 2014. 

But I need to stay focused and ready. That is why I am fighting on October 26.” The 33-year-old knows: “This is going to be a good chance to up my game compared to my last fight against Shihepo in August. Although I am risking my mandatory status, this challenge will give me confidence ahead of a third meeting with Stieglitz.” Hagen Doering, Team Sauerland’s Sports Director, said: “We cannot name the opponent just yet as we are in negotiations with three ranked contenders. 

All I can say is that it will definitely be a true test for Abraham.” The venue is nothing new to the former champion as he had his first-ever world title defense at the EWE ARENA Oldenburg against Australian Shannan Taylor back in 2006. “I have good memories of this place and that’s why I like to fight there again,” added Abraham, hoping for another emphatic victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment