Saturday, September 21, 2013

David Haye postpones Tyson Fury fight after suffering cut

David Haye has postponed next week's fight with Tyson Fury after suffering a deep cut in sparring at his training camp.
The cut above his left eyebrow needed six stitches, which have to stay in place for five to seven days.
Continue reading the main story
I'm devastated, I'm in bits about what has happened
David HayeInjured fighter
"Gutted isn't even the word. Mentally, I'm on the floor at the moment," said the former WBA heavyweight champion.
Haye is awaiting further medical tests before setting a new date for the Manchester bout.
The 32-year-old also pulled out of what should have been his previous fight, against Manuel Charr on 29 June, because of a hand injury sustained in training.
Haye's last fight was his knockout win in an all-British bout with Dereck Chisora in July 2012, a meeting sparked by the brawl between the pair at a news conference in Munich in February 2012.
Hayemaker Promotions said that "after being properly assessed", Haye was left with no choice but to postpone the Fury fight.
"I'm devastated. I know injuries and cuts are part and parcel of our sport, but this doesn't change the feeling of disappointment and sadness I'm experiencing right now," Haye added.
"Even when everything seems to be right on track, sometimes life throws you a curveball. I will somehow have to try and make the best of this horrible situation. But, right now, I'm in bits about what has happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment