Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ajose: I want to prove to everyone that I am a better fighter than what people saw against Matthysse

“This fight means a lot to me and is very important for my career. I want my name to be amongst the elite of the 140lb. division,” says WBC #3-rated junior welterweight Olusegun Ajose (31-1, 14KO’s), who takes on “Hammerin’” Hank Lundy (22-3-1, 11KO’s) this Friday night on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights from Salem, NH.

“I know that Lundy is a good and skillful boxer and he is very tough. He always comes to fight and I do not expect an easy fight. That being said though, I know that I will come out victorious on Friday night. If I need to go to war to winthis fight then I will do just that. If I need to box, then I can do that too. Whatever I have to do to win this fight I will do.
“I want to prove to everyone that I am a better fighter than what people saw against Matthysse.” WBC interim light welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse handed Ajose his only defeat as a professional via tenth round stoppage last September in Las Vegas.

While Ajose dreams of bigger and better things, he is not making the mistake of looking past his foe. “I have my eyes set on Lundy right now and no one else. If I want to move forward in my career, I must win on Friday night. After Friday, I will talk about what is next for me, but without a win, there is no next and that is why I am taking this fight so seriously.”

No comments:

Post a Comment